View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Authorized User
Points: 66, Level: 1 Points: 66, Level: 1 Points: 66, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imar View Post
I did of course look at your notes,but the error is coming from the same code that comes with your code so it had to be in there somewhere. It's often a matter of eliminating problems.

Anyway, the problem is in the way you have configured the provider. I'm pretty sure that you have something like requiresUniqueEmail="true" in your web.config; either directly or by inheriting it from system files.

Since this setup requires you to pass a (unique) e-mail address, you get your error when you don't supply an address at all. Simply set it to False and it should work.

Hope this helps,

BTW: were you able to solve the problems with the replies from Lee and me? Some follow up is always appreciated.... ;-)

Imar

Well, the funny thing is that when I wasn't updating any email address this exception was being thrown, hence, the question.

When I walked through the code the exception was being thrown by the Membership.CreateUser. I just did not understand why an invalid email exception was being thrown.

With regards the Logon control and other replies they seem valid although I still have to go through the tutorials again :)