View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Found several issues, may have resolved the problem

Hi, Grant,

Good news. I think I may have found the issue that brought me to a standstill.

The first issue (which is my fault) was that I had started trying to point the Cube Browser report at one of my cubes, and set the default measure to one of my cube measures.

I reverted these back to the Adventure Works values, but the Cube Browser still didn't run properly.

Then I noticed the default date was [Date].[Calendar].[Month].&[2004]&[4]. The Adventure Works DW 2008R2 cube data begins in July, 2005. When I manually updated the default date to [Date].[Calendar].[Month].&[2005]&[7], presto, the Cube Browser report works properly.

Not only does the Cube Browser report work properly, but the Cube Member report works properly when called from the Cube Browser report with a valid date.

I changed the date parameter default in the Cube Member report, and it works properly as a stand-alone as well. Better and better.

I'm still having trouble adding the bug fix you shared. When I try to edit the Cube Member DataSet 1 query, I still get the "syntax for ',' is incorrect." error. Any thoughts on how to make that work?

Incidentally, the "Angry Koala" versions with the graphs in them also have the issue with the default parameters. I've changed the default date parameters in all reports, and they're all now producting results. However, the Cube Metadata and Angry Koala Cube Driver reports sometimes show incomplete results and do not link back to the calling report properly. I'm looking into this.

Thanks again for your help.