View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2012, 02:48 AM
Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Book Quality

Hi

I bought this book yesterday as the information and workflow structure appeared to be a goldmine, particularly since it is all explained using SP Designer and we are running a hosted Sharepoint system and therefore cannot use 3rd party coded solutions... Fantastic I thought...!!

I've spent all of today running through the book and have ended up here along with a large number of other readers because I can't believe how many details and steps are missing from the "walk throughs". I've downloaded the updated chapters available here and have tried to continue with Chapter 3 but even the updated content is still missing steps. After reading other posts here I can see that this problem appears to continue into later chapters.

Unfortunately I'm really disappointed with the book as it has a massive potential and I can see there is some fantastic information in there (I wish I knew as much as the author).. but the steps to actually put it all together are just plain missing (eg P47 Perform Initializations, between steps 2 and 3.. shouldn't there be another step here?).

I have lost heart with this book and will jump to one of the other Sharepoint books that I bought. I'm seriously considering taking this book back for a refund and getting my $60 back, as although it's a goldmine of information it gives you a broken plastic spoon with no handle to dig it out.

If there is a revised new addition available in the future then I'd certainly consider buying it..

Regards Adam