View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2015, 08:27 AM
Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I'm using the connection string that is described in the web.config file but I tried to pass the config file's "MyDB" connection string but that also throws the same error.

These are the connection strings I'm using in my application and declared in web.config file

<connectionStrings>
<add name="BL3DBEntities" connectionString="metadata=res://*/App_Code.BL3DBModel.csdl|res://*/App_Code.BL3DBModel.ssdl|res://*/App_Code.BL3DBModel.msl;provider=System.Data.SqlCl ient;provider connection string=&quot;Data Source=server_name;Initial Catalog=DBname;user id=sa;password=pwd;Persist Security Info=False;Integrated Security=False;MultipleActiveResultSets=True&quot; "
providerName="System.Data.EntityClient" />

<add name="ErrorLogDB" connectionString="metadata=res://*/App_Code.BL3DBModel.csdl|res://*/App_Code.BL3DBModel.ssdl|res://*/App_Code.BL3DBModel.msl;provider=System.Data.SqlCl ient;provider connection string=&quot;Data Source=server_name;Initial Catalog=DBname;user id=sa;password=pwd;Persist Security Info=False;Integrated Security=False;MultipleActiveResultSets=True&quot; "
providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

<add name="MyDB" connectionString="metadata=res://*/App_Code.BL3DBModel.csdl|res://*/App_Code.BL3DBModel.ssdl|res://*/App_Code.BL3DBModel.msl;provider=System.Data.SqlCl ient;provider connection string=&quot;data source=server_name;initial catalog=DBname;persist security info=True;user id=sa;password=pwd;multipleactiveresultsets=True;& quot;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
</connectionStrings>

The MyDB connection string I've specially created for logging the user activity.

Last edited by Priyanka Nellore; March 20th, 2015 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Missed a part of the message