Old February 3rd, 2016, 07:22 AM
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Smile SSIS doesn’t have Xml destination

Quote:
Originally Posted by GethWho View Post
Hi all,

Just started using SSIS a week ago, and was surprised to note that I couldn't find XML as a destination for a Data Flow activity. Having just picked up my copy of Professional SQL Server 2005 Integration Services yesteday, I thought I'd find out where I went wrong, but so far, no joy.

Is there a default XML destination for SSIS?

If not, does anyone know of an XSLT document/sample out there that purely does a copy of an XML file? (I should note that I've only started looking at XML data, and XSLT specifically, 2 days ago, when the requirements came through.) It might sound a bit silly, but I found some XSLT code that strips out namespaces - if I apply that as the Operation Type on my XML Task, and choose my output as a text file (create file) connection, then it appears to spit out valid XML into the final file.

I realize that I could just use the File System Task to simply copy a file. My task, however, is to take 2 or more XML file's (none of them described by XSD's since they are dynamically created and will have varying structure's), merge those, then merge a csv file, and final generate an XML file per a specific DTD. Not too bad a task for the first thing I need to do in SSIS or XML, ever.

Needless to say - any help/direction/sample would be HUGELY appreciated.:D

Thanks all.....
Hello Geth,
SSIS doesn't have XML destination , I have researched this even and I have got the following way,
1.1. By writing dot net script
1. Drag the script component on the Data Flow task.
2. Write the script in VB.Net language in the preferred xml format. This script is package specific we need to write the script according to the requirements. Kindly go through the embedded document.
3. Through the third party components
Some third party components are available in the market.
4.Download XML SSIS Toolkit SQL 2005 – 2.1. They have given the installation manual as well. Go through the pdf in order to install the component.
5. Through the developed custom (Xml destination) component. Following is the procedure to use the custom component .
start here
Thanx