View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2017, 05:25 AM
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Error: CreateProcess failed, error=216

Hello
I have always enjoyed your wrox books, and therefore, to help me make the transition from Android Eclipse IDE to Android Studio IDE, a few days ago I have ordered your book "Beginning Android Programming with Android Studio". I would like to thank J.F.DiMarzio for authoring this book, because I find it really helpful for an Android hobbyist like me. I have meticulously followed all the steps to create my first Android application "Chapter1Helloworld", and everything worked really well, until figure 1-22, where I encountered the error "CreateProcess failed, error=216".
Of course I have consulted the internet, but all the advice I found there didn't really solve my problem, probably because I just didn't fully understand the new terminology.Following the learning curve for Android Eclipse IDE was not easy for an Android hobbyist like me, but I enjoyed the challenge. And now I am faced with the learning curve of Android Studio IDE. Maybe you can help me to figure this out.
I am running 32-bit Windows 7 on an administrator account, maybe that is part of the problem.
Thank you
Erwin Beck