Thread: Email Lists
View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2003, 06:48 AM
Authorized User

Hlevy:

I want to respond to your comments about why we didnít just bring up the old P2P site.

Wrox used a very good software called Lyris List Manager for its discussion lists, and I have been very familiar with it for a couple of years now. The problem is that their implementation of Lyris was very unstable (requiring daily reboots) and we were given a corrupt and unusable database which is why we were unable to repost the messages from April and May with the rest of the archive.

As I stated in my earlier post all of your comments have been heard and I will be meeting with others today to discuss the addition of a reply through email feature to this site. I cannot however suggest that we re-develop the old P2P system as it was corrupt and unstable. I can say that if the decision is made to add this feature it will take some time to implement so please be patient as we value your support in this new endeavor.

We really do care a great deal about this community and want to make it a wonderful experience for all users.

Thank you,
James Sample
Director, IS-Infrastructure
Wiley Publishing, Inc.