View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2003, 08:10 AM
Friend of Wrox

You will forgive any tone of irate outrage that may appear to come through from us: we just want to help and we want to set the record straight. There has been much made by Wiley of the "state of chaos" they discovered at Arden House - especially with ex-authors - and this does not reflect well upon a very hard-working and dedicated workforce, as I'm sure you will realise.

The truth,as Philip K Dick once observerd, is "that which does not go away when you stop believing in it". There are several things I have stopped believing in since my time at Wrox ended, but the truth still remains the same and I recognise no gain in seeing it abused - even if only through misunderstanding.

Personally, I hope one day that I will work again in an environment surrounded by such a high density of gifted, clever, good natured, honest, and hard working people as I found a Wrox.

Lastly, (and this is merely a tongue-in-cheek observation and is not intended as a parthian shot, I hope you understand) it is perhaps unwise to advertise the fact that a computer programming publisher has "nothing but windows servers", has "no Linux experience", "no PostgreSQL experience", et cetera :).

Dan
(who regards the phrase "Classic Wrox" in much the same light as teh phrase "Classic Mac OS", and regards both as something best remembered with affection, rather than actually experienced :).