Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > Microsoft Office > Access and Access VBA > Access
Password Reminder
Register
Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
Access Discussion of Microsoft Access database design and programming. See also the forums for Access ASP and Access VBA.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Access section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old January 14th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: , , .
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Cannot find column ..." Error. Broken link to SQL?

Hi All,

Has anyone gotten the "Cannot find column ..." and "Can't open the table in datasheet view" errors?

I have an Access2002 ADP linked to SQL2000. My main table, TblCases, used to have FileNumber (varchar) as its primary key. I changed that field to DocketNumber (varchar). At first, things seemed to be working well. But now I get the errors "Cannot find column FileNumber" and "Can't open the table in datasheet view" when I try to open TblCases in the ADP. Also, forms based on that table are giving me errors, mainly that FileNumber is an invalid field (which is strange since I've gone through them and deleted or changed every reference to FileNumber).

Strangely enough, I can open TblCases just fine in Enterprise Manager, and I created a view, ViewCases, totally based on TblCases, and that opens fine in ADP.

I checked some websites and the few references to this problem indicate that the link between the ADP and SQL2000 seems to not be working correctly, so that the table in the ADP is still looking for the old FileNumber field, while the table in SQL2000 knows that it has been replaced by DocketNumber.

Does anybody have an idea what's going on?

Thanks much.

Henry

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old January 14th, 2004, 06:22 PM
sal sal is offline
Friend of Wrox
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Clarksville, TN, USA.
Posts: 702
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Try refreshing the connection to your SQL Server. Re-set the connection if needed.



Sal
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
broken pipe error in implementing client -server octavius BOOK Beginning Linux Programming, 3rd Edition 1 December 17th, 2011 01:42 PM
HELP - Find text / Replace with email link (XML or peakfx XML 1 July 13th, 2007 10:07 PM
Raise an Error in dynamic SQL with Link Server bashiiui SQL Server 2000 7 May 2nd, 2007 05:10 AM
run-time error '20599' : cannot find sql server juicyfruit SQL Server 2000 1 February 16th, 2006 06:25 AM
find the last used column crmpicco Excel VBA 2 May 20th, 2005 09:14 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.