device DLL programming in client side programming
i have a case like these :
1. we have a card reader (usb port connection)...
2. we must connect this reader to client computer (there are some clients in different cities)....
3. reader's function is to read and write from a card, whereas the card's source data is from database (ASP .NET)
4. firstly, i tried to add reference in ASP .NET web application to the reader's DLL,
but it can not make a live event trigger/connection to the clients since the DLL is installed in the web server...
5. then i think of other solution :
client side programming..
and i install the reader's DLL in client computer...so reader can interact lively...is that true ?
6. but i don't know how to use DLL event, trigger in client side programming...can anybody help ?
the DLL has event that is listening to the USB port all the time to check if any card is detected (it also has Timer function)..
and also it returns the status all the time ...
actually we must use List1 to add the status (string) to the List1 all the time.....
i don't know how to use this event in web application..
can anybody help ?
(queried by database through ASP .NET) to the DLL in client side so that it can write to the card via reader ?
could you help me how to do it properly.