Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > ASP.NET and ASP > ASP.NET 1.0 and 1.1 > ASP.NET 1.1
Password Reminder
Register
Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
ASP.NET 1.1 As of 10/6/2005, this forum is locked as part of the reorganization described here: http://p2p.wrox.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35394. No posts have been deleted. Open ongoing discussions from the last week have been moved to either ASP.NET 1.0 and 1.1 Beginners http://p2p.wrox.com/asp-net-1-0-1-1-basics-60/ or ASP.NET 1.0 and 1.1 Professional. http://p2p.wrox.com/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=50. See my sticky post inside for more.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the ASP.NET 1.1 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old March 9th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Friend of Wrox

Default Control Properties in Properties Window

Hello,

I was wondering why certain properties appear in the properties window, and can contain a drop down list, but others can't. I see that properties that are string, int, boolean, etc. appear, and even enumerations, and even the FontInfo class (Font property, obviously), but I tried to use a style property (System.Web.UI.WebControls.Style class), but it wouldn't allow you to drill down. Any ideas why?

Thanks,

Brian Mains
Old March 9th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Wrox Author
Points: 66,836, Level: 100 Points: 66,836, Level: 100 Points: 66,836, Level: 100
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,374 Posts

Hi Brian,

If you are implementing your own properties in your own classes, I think you need stuff like TypeConverters and other scary classes and objects for the properties to show up correctly in the designer.

I played around with this a while ago, trying to get custom properties show up in the designer. I found the following article reasonably useful when creating your own design-time support:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...etpropbrow.asp

Searching Google for TypeConverters may get you some more useful stuff.

It can be a pain to get it going, but once it works, you can really show off your own controls.... ;)

Cheers,

Imar

---------------------------------------
Imar Spaanjaars
Everyone is unique, except for me.