Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > ASP.NET and ASP > ASP.NET 1.0 and 1.1 > ASP.NET 1.1
Password Reminder
Register
Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
ASP.NET 1.1 As of 10/6/2005, this forum is locked as part of the reorganization described here: http://p2p.wrox.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35394. No posts have been deleted. Open ongoing discussions from the last week have been moved to either ASP.NET 1.0 and 1.1 Beginners http://p2p.wrox.com/asp-net-1-0-1-1-basics-60/ or ASP.NET 1.0 and 1.1 Professional. http://p2p.wrox.com/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=50. See my sticky post inside for more.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the ASP.NET 1.1 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old February 28th, 2005, 08:01 AM
Friend of Wrox

Send a message via MSN to r_ganesh76
Default Object Moved to here

Hi Experts,

I am getting the following error when I do a Response.Redirect from an aspx page to another aspx page. I am using the following code in my global.asax Application_Error event to redirect to an error page.

Session["Error"] = Server.GetLastError();
    Response.Redirect("Error.aspx");

However I am not able to go to the Error Page and am getting this error. I searched the web and somewhere I got an instruction to add the following lines to the code

Response.Expires = 0;
    Response.Buffer = true;
    Response.Clear();

I added those lines but still am getting this error. I am getting the error only in the production site and not in my development environment.

Can anyone please help me get out of this urgent issue.

Thanking you in advance

Regards
Ganesh
Find your solution here...
Old February 28th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Authorized User

What is the error? Do you have Sessions enabled in your web.config on the production server?

Old February 28th, 2005, 11:02 PM
Friend of Wrox

I am getting the error "Object Moved to Here". All other pages in the application are working well. This is an error page which I added in an already working application. I wrote code in the Global.asax to redirect to the error page on an unhandled error.

Regards
Ganesh
Old March 4th, 2005, 03:51 PM

I am not sure how your code works. But just double check that you donít have a repsonse.redirect within the executing section. Because it causes problems when u switch from an excuting thread to a new thread.

Jay

Old March 4th, 2005, 11:20 PM
Friend of Wrox

I have written the Response.Redirect in the Application_Error event in Global.asax.cs so that the error page is displayed each time an unhandled exception is thrown. However it fails there.

Regards
Ganesh