Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming Problem Design Solution ISBN: 978-0-7645-8464-0
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming: Problem - Design - Solution by Marco Bellinaso; ISBN: 9780764584640
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming Problem Design Solution ISBN: 978-0-7645-8464-0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old July 3rd, 2006, 09:01 AM

Default <asp:Image /> & hspace

In chapter 2 page 31 in the master page code there is an asp:Image element containing a hspace attribute. VS2005 is telling me that this is a validation failure as hspace isn't an attribute of asp:Image.

I can't find this bit of code in the downloaded solution, so it may be removed later in the book.

Can anyone confirm that this code is wrong, or explain it to this novice.

Cheers

Old July 5th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Friend of Wrox

hspace is an older attibute not supported in XHTML:

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_img.asp

I also see this in WelcomeBox.aspx, for imgGlass. It would be wise to factor that out. But most of us will use our own custom WelcomeBox, anyway.

By the way, anytime the code download doesn't agree with the book, you should understand that the code download is newer and it may have fixes or enhancements that don't show up in the text. It's easy to update a zip file, but harder to update a physical book :-)

Eric
Old April 23rd, 2014, 05:51 AM
Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

hspace is an attribute for HTML img element. It is present in the book and also in the downloadable code. My best guess is the book's author intended to have the ASP image control get this attribute when it renders as HTML img at run time.

Last edited by Dave R; April 23rd, 2014 at 05:57 AM. Reason: addition