Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming Problem Design Solution ISBN: 978-0-7645-8464-0
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming: Problem - Design - Solution by Marco Bellinaso; ISBN: 9780764584640
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming Problem Design Solution ISBN: 978-0-7645-8464-0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old May 21st, 2007, 11:03 AM
Authorized User

Default SQL Script to populate TBH database

Hi,

Did someone please know where to get all the sql script files(Insert, Update,...) that polulate the whole database?

Or better how to generate those file from Visual studio.Net?
I only manage to generate the sql files for creating empty tables.

Many thanks :)

PS: Do you know another software manager that can perfom the database import task other than SQL Server Microsoft Studio Express? I later install the MSSQL Standard Edition on top on Express, but I couldn't manage to activate the SSIS.

Old May 23rd, 2007, 11:10 PM
Friend of Wrox

This is a timely question because I have been working with the new SQL Server Database Publication Wizard, and this is exactly what you're looking for. But Marco provided us with a full database in the code download, and that is easy to use. You can also copy the .dbf to another server and attach it there.

But you can't easily populate a remote server in a shared hosting arrangement where you don't control the server. In this case, you have the DBO role in your own database, but you are NOT in the SA group. See my other message here about how to deploy to those servers - the subject of my message will be: "Database Deployment to Shared Servers; SQL Script". That can make you a complete SQL script. At least I think it's complete.

Eric
Old May 25th, 2007, 05:42 AM
Authorized User

Thank you very much,

I also believe that the new SQL Server 2005 Database Publishing Wizard can do the job. I will try it soon :)

Cheers