Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: ASP.NET MVC Website Programming Problem Design Solution ISBN: 9780470410950
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book ASP.NET MVC Website Programming Problem Design Solution by Nicholas Berardi, Al Katawazi, and Marco Bellinaso; ISBN: 9780470410950
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: ASP.NET MVC Website Programming Problem Design Solution ISBN: 9780470410950 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old June 21st, 2009, 03:01 PM

Default Initial Code Build Errors

Hi I tried to compile the code after creating a SQL DB on my local machine (not Express).

When i run the app i get the error.

The model item passed into the dictionary is of type 'TheBeerHouse.Models.Pagination`1[TheBeerHouse.Models.Article]' but this dictionary requires a model item of type 'TheBeerHouse.Models.Poll'.

And TheBeerHouse.Models.Poll does not exist in the solution. Please suggest.

Daniel
Old June 22nd, 2009, 04:34 AM
Wrox Author

Send a message via AIM to nberardi

Please get the latest from CodePlex. You seem to be missing some files.
Old June 22nd, 2009, 01:36 PM

Default Same error

Quote:
Originally Posted by nberardi View Post
Please get the latest from CodePlex. You seem to be missing some files.
I tried the code from CodePlex and still get the same error. I have SQL 2005 installed on my machine. How can i make it work with SQL 2005 Developer Edition.

I created the DB using the scripts provided in the original source in the book.

So iam not using SQL Express Connection.

With the SQL express I get the following error.

The database 'C:\DATA\EBOOKS\ASP.NET MVC 1.0 PROBLEM-DESIGN-SOLUTION\THEBEERHOUSE_MVC\THEBEERHOUSE\APP_DATA\TH EBEERHOUSE.MDF' cannot be opened because it is version 655. This server supports version 612 and earlier. A downgrade path is not supported.
Could not open new database 'C:\DATA\EBOOKS\ASP.NET MVC 1.0 PROBLEM-DESIGN-SOLUTION\THEBEERHOUSE_MVC\THEBEERHOUSE\APP_DATA\TH EBEERHOUSE.MDF'. CREATE DATABASE is aborted.
An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\Data\eBooks\ASP.NET MVC 1.0 Problem-Design-Solution\TheBeerHouse_MVC\TheBeerHouse\App_Data\Th eBeerHouse.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share.
Old June 29th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Authorized User

Could you show us the connection string you used?
Old July 8th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Wrox Author

Send a message via AIM to nberardi

You need to use SQL Server 2008 Express, that is the min requirement for the book.