Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: ASP.NET MVC Website Programming Problem Design Solution ISBN: 9780470410950
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book ASP.NET MVC Website Programming Problem Design Solution by Nicholas Berardi, Al Katawazi, and Marco Bellinaso; ISBN: 9780470410950
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: ASP.NET MVC Website Programming Problem Design Solution ISBN: 9780470410950 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old February 23rd, 2011, 03:13 AM

Unhappy Chapter 5 on localhost

Hello, my chapter 5 module has been set up and built error-free. Before going further, I would like to see how this membership module works under a web browser.

I've set up a Web Site for it in IIS 7 with all the neccessary files (published the project to inetpub/wwwroot. The path I supplied was c:inetpub/wwwroot/TheBeerHouse

as I viewed http://localhost using the 'browse' command in the context menu of the IIS Website I got 404 message - The resource cannot be found. Am I missing something?

Right now:
under Views, I've got Shared and User sub-directories (I deleted the Home and Account - generated by VS 2008)

under Views/User, I've got all the .cs files up to Chapter 5

Under Controlllers dir, I have UserController.cs file only.

Under Models I have all the .cs and .dbml up to Chappter 5
I have no Unit Test
how do I go about to see this module works through a web-browser? Sorry if my question seems annoying cause I'm toally a newbie in this MVC matter. Thanks.
Old February 23rd, 2011, 09:40 PM

Oops I think I've skipped some important discussions of the book (p.30 and 47). Hopefully I shall find some light at the end of the tunnel there.