Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Beginning Access 2007 VBA ISBN: 978-0-470-04684-5
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning Access 2007 VBA by Denise M. Gosnell; ISBN: 9780470046845
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning Access 2007 VBA ISBN: 978-0-470-04684-5 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old October 12th, 2010, 08:29 PM

Default Access Calulated Field

I have a database with a calculated field in both the query and the form. This calculated field is printed on a report. I now need this calculated field to update one of 5 other fields with an X if the criteria falls between certain levels. Several fields make up the calculation which can be 0 to 5.00, once this field is updated I need an X to be placed in [Below] if the range is between 0 and 1.99 or an X to be placed in [NeedsImprovement] if the range is between 2 and 2.89 and continue this same patter for three more fields. Only one field should be populated with an X and if a number is changed that changes the calculation the X is automatically moved to the correct field based on that total. I have tried this though the code builder on after update with first Nulling all 5 fields, then using the first statment as if and the others as else if to no avail. I used this on another field to update one of five fields but it was not a calculation, rather just a phycially input number and it worked fine. I have also tired on dirty with this calculated field and still no success. I'm sure I am probably just missing something simple. Does anyone have a solution as I am self taught and really have no idea what I am doing when it comes to these code builders or event procedures. Thanks in advance.