Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Beginning ActionScript 2.0
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning ActionScript 2.0 by Nathan Derksen, Jeff Berg; ISBN: 9780764577680
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning ActionScript 2.0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50
Closed Thread

Old January 31st, 2008, 01:39 PM

Send a message via MSN to hrbi
Default this forum is a joke!!!

This forum is one BIG F..... joke....

I shall remember to NOT recommend anything from wrox, p2p or anything that is related to this lack of support..

Dissapointing

Old February 1st, 2008, 12:41 PM
Wrox Author
Points: 13,255, Level: 49 Points: 13,255, Level: 49 Points: 13,255, Level: 49
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Send a message via AIM to dparsons

I saw your post in the other thread about Chapter 20 and I am curious. You say that this forum is a joke, lack of support, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Hypothetically speaking, if that were a Sams Publishing book you were reading what would you do in your situation where you are having problems with chapter 20? Certainly you aren't going to get on their forums and ask for help...because they don't exist.

Ultimately you would submit a problem to them (or write a letter) and it might get added to the errata.

The fact of the matter is, Wrox supplies the forum as a way for developers to help each other out and it is not required of the Author of a particular work to come here and support said work but some of them do.

If I were a flash guy and could help you out with this problem I certainly would.

:shrug: My two cents anyway.

================================================== =========
Read this if you want to know how to get a correct reply for your question:
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
.: Wrox Technical Editor / Author :.
Wrox Books 24 x 7
Closed Thread