Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning ASP 3.0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old March 13th, 2005, 03:45 PM

Default Ch.9 Microsoft Script Debugger

Hi,
I have checked "Enable ASP server/client-side script debugging" in the Default Web Site properties in my IIS Manager, placed a row "debugger;" into the server side code and entered the Default Web Site address in IE. Microsoft Script Debugger has been launched but there were no opened documents in it. I have opened the document I need with the help of Running Documents window (ASP folder) manually but debug buttons in toolbar (step into, step over,...) were disabled. The fact is that yesterday Microsoft Script Debugger was successfully launched by this code with real possibility to debug. I use Win2K AS. Could someone explain this strange behavior of Microsoft Script Debugger.
Thanks.

Old April 22nd, 2005, 06:06 AM

I think that the Microsoft Script Debugger is a problem because I have not the same problem but a similar. It doesn't run the server debugging (ASP) but only client (HTML Internet Explorer). This problem appeared after installing winxp SP2.When I communicated with Microsoft they didn't know that there was a problem and they couldn't help me saying that if there is a problem then it will be fixed in future updates.