Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning ASP 3.0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old December 20th, 2006, 11:00 AM

Default Don't know where to start.........

Description: Hello, I am interested in building a issues tracking lists DB-#2 using asp.net. I am also interested in enhancing a currently built issues tracking list-#1 DB which is built w/asp.net. I have the Issues Tracking list DB #1 however I need to get access to asp.net. I can't figure out exactly what I need to run asp.net. Please advise. Also, the current Issues Tracking database-#1 needs editing however my developer lost his asp manual and did it months ago therefore he does not know anything! I do have access to the actual database but not the code or anything else needed. How should I handle? I am completely lost. ------------------------------------------------------ http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336670.aspx What operating systems does ASP.NET run on? ASP.NET runs on Windows Server 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP Professional. Windows XP Home is also supported for development only using Visual Web Developer Express Edition tool (which is available for download) or Visual Studio 2005. Can I develop my ASP.NET pages in Notepad, or do I need to buy Visual Studio? Yes, you can use any text editor to create ASP.NET pages. However, you may find yourself more productive if you use a dedicated tool, such as Visual Web Developer Express Edition or Visual Studio.