Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Beginning ASP.NET 2.0 BOOK VB ISBN: 978-0-7645-8850-1; C# ISBN: 978-0-470-04258-8
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning ASP.NET 2.0 by Chris Hart, John Kauffman, David Sussman, Chris Ullman; ISBN: 9780764588501
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning ASP.NET 2.0 BOOK VB ISBN: 978-0-7645-8850-1; C# ISBN: 978-0-470-04258-8 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old January 10th, 2007, 06:48 PM

Default Too much time in forum ... bitter/sweet

Fundamentally, this is an excellent beginners book - I am really appreciating the depth to which the authors have covered the basic concepts.

Now for the 'however' ...

However, it is an interesting side effect that dealing with mulitple errors and not-so-clear instructions has probably actually helped me learn more about VWD, C# and ASP.NET. I'm tired of looking through the forum and errata for answers to issues - I'm generally figuring it out for myself. In some cases I've just trashed the "begin/chapter" files and started from scratch.

So, if you're reading this prior to buying the book, know that it actually IS a great learning aid, but expect to spend some time back here again ...