Wrox Programmer Forums
|
BOOK: Beginning ASP.NET 3.5 : in C# and VB BOOK ISBN: 978-0-470-18759-3
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning ASP.NET 3.5: In C# and VB by Imar Spaanjaars; ISBN: 9780470187593
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning ASP.NET 3.5 : in C# and VB BOOK ISBN: 978-0-470-18759-3 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old April 8th, 2008, 01:13 AM

Default ch6 Skins and Named Skins

My question concerns the Button.skin page for the monochrome theme. In mark-up, there is an error :" no build provider registered for the extension 'skin' "; is this something that should be fixed? If so, how does one register one in the <compilation><buildProviders> section of web configuration as is suggested?

Cheers, wingri.

Old April 8th, 2008, 01:39 AM
Wrox Author

Thanked 1,576 Times in 1,552 Posts

Hi there,

Check the last paragraph on page 229:
Quote:
quote:From now on, you’ll get IntelliSense even in skin files, which you’ll see in the next exercise. With this setting on, you may get an error in the Error List about build providers. You can safely ignore this error, as skins will work fine at runtime with this setting on.
You get this warning because you registered .skin files with the User Control editor.

Nothing to worry about; you can safely ignore the warning, and it won't show up in the Error list if you close the .skin file.

Cheers,

Imar

---------------------------------------
Imar Spaanjaars
http://Imar.Spaanjaars.Com
Everyone is unique, except for me.
Author of Beginning ASP.NET 3.5 : in C# and VB, ASP.NET 2.0 Instant Results and Dreamweaver MX 2004
Want to be my colleague? Then check out this post.

Old April 8th, 2008, 02:53 AM

Thanks again Imar!
I really must read the text more attentively. The same sort of thing applied to my previous problem in relation to ch7 - in monochrome.css under DynamicHoverStyle I had typed background-color: White; so (as I think you might have suggested in the first place )the sub menus did not show up!
Hopefully in the future I'll be able to contribute more to this forum than just serial apologies!(actually, one minor point springs to mind - the typographical confusion between a "1" and an "l" -eg on page 224, the former of course generating an error because an identifier can't start with a numeral - maybe "listPreferredTheme"?
Cheers for now, wingri.

Old April 8th, 2008, 02:57 AM
Wrox Author

Thanked 1,576 Times in 1,552 Posts

Ha, yes, that has been brought to my attention through a number of ways. It's a typographic thing that hopefully can be fixed in subsequent editions of the book.....

Don't worry about posting too much here. It's called *Beginning* ASP.NET, right?... ;)

Imar

---------------------------------------
Imar Spaanjaars
http://Imar.Spaanjaars.Com
Everyone is unique, except for me.
Author of Beginning ASP.NET 3.5 : in C# and VB, ASP.NET 2.0 Instant Results and Dreamweaver MX 2004
Want to be my colleague? Then check out this post.