Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > ASP.NET and ASP > ASP.NET Core 1.0 > BOOK: Beginning ASP.NET for Visual Studio 2015
Password Reminder
Register
Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Beginning ASP.NET for Visual Studio 2015
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning ASP.NET for Visual Studio 2015 by William Penberthy; ISBN: 978-1-119-07742-8
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning ASP.NET for Visual Studio 2015 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old January 29th, 2017, 11:38 PM
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Try It Out: Building the Web Page to Add Items to the Inventory

On my phone it is Page 274/980. If I am missing any pertinent data for reference please tell me.

The Try It Out in question is in Chapter 5 I believe assuming the images hold the same title regardless of platform then Figure 5.18 is used in step 3 of this particular Try It Out exercise that I seek help on...

My problem is after I add the new Admin folder, when I am trying to add the "ManageItem.aspx" web form. I can select Web Form with Master Page, however when the second dialogue box "Select a Master Page" is displayed there is nothing in the right hand box titled "Contents of Folder:". In the book it shows that there should be two options displayed, one of which being "Site Manager". Since I cannot select anything I am not capable of clicking "Ok", which subsequently means I cannot add said Web Form....

My question is how do I correct this, and if I cannot then what are the ramifications of using a standard Web Form.

Last edited by sigman45; February 8th, 2017 at 02:36 AM.
Old February 8th, 2017, 02:32 AM

Default Add a MasterPage first?

I am not sure if this is an error on the writers part or if I have done something wrong. Since my original post I can see it has had several views but no response, making me wonder if I either posted in the wrong section or if this forum is truly useless to those who need help.

However, since my original post I have done some experimenting and found that if I add a Master Page to the Admin folder and then complete step three my previously added Master Page now shows up in the aforementioned second dialogue box after selecting "Add Web Form with Master Page" option.
Old February 9th, 2017, 08:32 AM
Wrox Staff
Points: 17,234, Level: 57 Points: 17,234, Level: 57 Points: 17,234, Level: 57

While you've posted in the correct place, we're powerless to force authors to reply and are very dependent on the good ill of other readers to help. In the past, we've been lucky to have authors who've donated enormous amounts of time answering ASP.NET questions not just about their own books but in general. Unfortunately that hasn't been the case on this book.
Wrox on Twitter: http://twitter.com/wrox
Did someone here help you? Click on their post!
Old February 9th, 2017, 03:58 PM

Thank you Jim glad to know I'm in the right spot. I didn't mean to imply that there should be a forced reply of some kind merely just wondering if the forum had a large enough following.