Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Beginning ASP.NET for Visual Studio 2015
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning ASP.NET for Visual Studio 2015 by William Penberthy; ISBN: 978-1-119-07742-8
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning ASP.NET for Visual Studio 2015 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old April 25th, 2017, 06:42 PM
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Chapter 5 No VB code

I'm new to VB.NET and thought this book would show code examples of both C# and VB.NET. In this example I only see C# code and not sure how to convert this code to VB.NET. I'm not getting the results expected.

#14 on page 151 - I have no clue how to set up the text box to add EnableView State in the Code-Behind file using VB.NET.

It's really difficult to work with this book because it appears most of the code is C#. I don't understand why the book starts out showing samples of both code, then in Chapter 5 decides to only show C#. This is difficult for someone who is a beginner. I think I may have to change this book and try to find one with VB.NET code. I'm feeling a bit cheated too. This book was not cheap and I'm only in Chapter 5.