Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK Beginning CSS: Cascading Style Sheets for Web Design, 2nd Ed; ISBN: 978-0-470-09697-0
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning CSS: Cascading Style Sheets for Web Design, 2nd Edition by Richard York; ISBN: 9780470096970
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK Beginning CSS: Cascading Style Sheets for Web Design, 2nd Ed; ISBN: 978-0-470-09697-0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old July 20th, 2011, 03:14 PM

Default Text Editor for MAC OS 10.6

I realize this book is a bit outdated. However in Chapter 1 under Writing CSS it lists several resources for text editor for both Windows and MAC.
I downloaded HTML-Kit. for Windows and didn't like what I found for the free CreaText for MAC.

The site has listed :

"This project is no longer under active development."

"CreaText is (or was) a free HTML text editor for Mac OS X."

I was wondering, if there are any other free text editors for MAC? Specifically for OS 10.6 on the Intel platform.

Thanks
George
Old July 21st, 2011, 10:41 AM

Smile

After some research this morning I have found Text Wrangler from Bare Bones Software.

It is the "little brother to BBEdit". It is free and available from the App Store.

More information can be found at: http://www.barebones.com/products/textwrangler/

Thank you for writing such an informative book that is easy to understand. Can't wait to get more into it to get a better understanding of CSS and How they make coding web pages easier.

Thanks again