Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK Beginning Lua Programming ISBN: 978-0-470-06917-2
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning Lua Programming by Kurt Jung, Aaron Brown; ISBN: 9780470069172
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK Beginning Lua Programming ISBN: 978-0-470-06917-2 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old January 2nd, 2008, 05:08 AM

Default Lua build

Hi, I am completely new to dealing with lua and I have never really had to do a build before. I went and d/l'd the MinGW and installed that. I saw they had an auto install for it so I chose that and installed the MinGW minus the fortran and ada compilers...I have both the c compilers that came with it however.

Then I d/l'd the new lua 5.1.2 and I extracted that to the Dev directory I made. I then typed in the text file you have listed in your book on page 13 and saved that as a bat file. I used Notepad to type it up in. I had saved this file in dir c:\dev\lua-5.1.2\src .
I then typed build while still in this directory and I recieved several errors.

First one was: gcc -02 -Wall -c *.c 'gcc' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Second: ren lua.o lua.obj The system cannot find the file specified.

Third: ren luac.o luac.obj The system cannot find the file specified.

Fourth: ren print.o print.obj The system cannot find the file specified.

Fifth: gcc -shared -W1,--export-all-symbols -o lua5.1.dll *.o 'gcc' is not recognized as an internal or exdternal command, operable program or batch file.

Why am I getting all these errors when I typed in everything as it was in the book?
I followed every instruction to a T and still managed to have problems.