Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Beginning Oracle Application Express ISBN: 9780470388372
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning Oracle Application Express by Rick Greenwald; ISBN: 9780470388372
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning Oracle Application Express ISBN: 9780470388372 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old April 26th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Friend of Wrox
Points: 793, Level: 10 Points: 793, Level: 10 Points: 793, Level: 10
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default No Data Found

This is the third time I have entered this new thread, the review post button is taking me to the login screen......

I am in Chapter 4 page 93 testing the Date-Stamp Valiation and I get the following error message,before the order item page:
Code:
Invalid PL/SQL expression condition: ORA-06550: line 1, column 34: PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "," when expecting one of the following: ( ) - + case mod new not null <A double-quoted delimited-identifier>table continue avg count current exists max min prior sql stddev sum variance execute multiset the both leading trailing forall merge year month day hour minute second timezone_hour timezone_minute timezone_region timezone_abbr time timestamp interval date
Listing data from the executing page via App Builder from the traffic-light icon, all the Orders are listed. However listing the orders table via the Utility browser via SQL Workshop, I receive the message "No data found".

Do I need to start over from scratch?
Old April 30th, 2009, 02:50 AM
Friend of Wrox

Thumbs up

Problem: Resolved.

This was not a "user error", but a problem with the Oracle Database. I am using the free hosted APEX Account.

The Beginning Oracle Application Express is one of the better books for anyone who would like to make the transition into Web-base Application Development and not just introducing the Oracle World. You really learn by building the Order-Entry System using APEX.
Old May 10th, 2009, 03:06 PM

Default Could you share a little more information?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peace95 View Post
Problem: Resolved.

This was not a "user error", but a problem with the Oracle Database. I am using the free hosted APEX Account.

The Beginning Oracle Application Express is one of the better books for anyone who would like to make the transition into Web-base Application Development and not just introducing the Oracle World. You really learn by building the Order-Entry System using APEX.
Thanks for the kind words about the book - please feel free to post on Amazon

Could you share a little more details about the problem with the Oracle database with your hosted account? This is something which could be useful to others working with the book.

And thanks again.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 06:00 AM
Friend of Wrox

Default No Data Found....

OracleDB Problem:
After receiving what I thought was a syntax problem, Iwent back to the Application page and ran the previous page....the page generated the correct data, which I realized later it was cache data. So I went to the object browser to view the data, I received the error message No Data Found...After clicking on all the tables and receiving the same error message. I decided to look at the Application that I had started when I first received my host account. Clicking on that Application, I received a security error message which stated, that I did not have the rights to access the account.... That is when I emailed the Oracle Apex Support Group, thinking my account was locked.

The response to my email was that they were aware of the problem and that it should be fixed by now. It was an Oracle Database problem. I was glad that everything was back to normal....I did not want to start over a third time...