Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Beginning SharePoint Designer 2010
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning SharePoint Designer 2010 by Woodrow W. Windischman, Bryan Phillips, Asif Rehmani, Marcy Kellar; ISBN: 978-0-470-64316-7
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning SharePoint Designer 2010 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old November 17th, 2010, 08:14 PM

Angry Chapter 8 source code???

On page 272 the book mentions that the Employee.xlsx file was provided as a resource for this book on the 'Wiley's site'. Seriously. Can you give any less information? I downloaded the source code from Wrox as stated in the front of the book. There is no source code anywhere for chapter 8 nevermind what 'Wiley's' is? I am a little frustrated with the lack of specifics in this book. Many errata and missing steps.
Old November 18th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Authorized User

Dear JC,

I am sorry to hear about the problem with that download. My co-authors and I are working with our editors to resolve this as quickly as possible.

Please also let us know specifically which exercises you feel have missing steps, or any other errata you have found. We have worked very hard over many months trying to make this the best possible introduction to SharePoint Designer 2010, and would like to correct any issues we can prior to the next printing cycle.

As for who "Wiley" is, Wiley is the parent publisher to the Wrox books, as well as several other famous imprints - both technical and otherwise. As such, we refer to Wiley throughout the editing process, and it appears this reference escaped notice prior to going to print. We will happily ask for it to be corrected, along with any other issues discovered.

Finally, I would like to thank you for purchasing our book, and for letting us know about this omission. We look forward to helping you with any other issues you have encountered.

Sincerely,

Woodrow Windischman
Lead Author, Beginning SharePoint Designer 2010
Old November 30th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Authorized User

Hi JC,

Updated downloads have been posted.

- Woody -
Old March 10th, 2011, 11:28 AM

There is still no Employee.xlsx in the Chapter 8 download called 643167_Ch08_Employee.zip
Old September 6th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Wrox Author
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Howie, We did have some issues with missing files at one point. This has been resolved and you can find the file you are looking for at this link:
http://media.wiley.com/product_ancil..._Employee.xlsx

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely
Marcy Kellar
Co-Author, Beginning SharePoint Designer 2010