Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Beginning Shell Scripting ISBN: 0-7645-8320-4
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning Shell Scripting by Eric Foster-Johnson, John C. Welch, Micah Anderson; ISBN: 9780764583209
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning Shell Scripting ISBN: 0-7645-8320-4 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old November 25th, 2007, 11:00 PM

Default search a logfile for strings

Hi experts..

I am trying to write a shell script which will scan a log file for three strings ie success image1, success image2, success image3.
My shell is tcsh

If all the 3 strings are found then insert the 3 strings to a file1 and send mail to developers with file1

If all 3 are note found copy the strings to a file2 and send file2 to developers.

Similarly, if string image1 & image2 are found and image3 missing...then insert the string image1 & image2 to file-1 and insert the string image3 to file-2 and send a mail attaching both file1 & file2 to developer.

I tried with "if - else" but that is making the scrip longer,

Could anyone please tell me different way (ideally,using fgrep\grep\sed\awk..or other)

Thanks'
Amit

Amit...