Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > Visual Basic > VB.NET 1.0 > BOOK: Beginning VB.NET 2nd Edition/Beginning VB.NET 2003
Password Reminder
Register
Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Beginning VB.NET 2nd Edition/Beginning VB.NET 2003
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Professional VB.NET 2003 by Bill Evjen, Billy Hollis, Rockford Lhotka, Tim McCarthy, Jonathan Pinnock, Rama Ramachandran, Bill Sheldon; ISBN: 9780764559921
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning VB.NET 2nd Edition/Beginning VB.NET 2003 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old April 24th, 2004, 05:44 PM

Default Chapter 16 & 17: Configure MSDE/ASP.NET 1.1

I'm a VB.Net Beginner

I am in the middle of chapters 16 & 17 in Wrox's "Beginning VB.NET 2e". In order to do the examples, I need to have MSDE and ASP.NET 1.1 installed. Even though I have downloaded and installed MSDE (and it seems to be running) and I downloaded ASP.NET 1.1, IIS 6.0 with the IIS 6 Service Pack, I can't get VB.NET 2003 Standard to recognize IIS 6.0/MSDE/ASP.NET 1.1.

Every time I try to open a new 'Web Form', I get an MDE MessageBox which says, "Visual Studio.NET has detected that the specified Web Server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or services."

I don't know how to 'configure' all these things to get VB.NET to work with them. I've gone online to try to find resources to walk me through it, but have found everything but success. I'd appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks

Dana
Methuen, MA, USA
Old May 11th, 2004, 12:31 PM
Friend of Wrox

Have you read through the other posts on Chapters 16 or 17?

XUMUSKIEFAN
Wrox Moderator