Along the same lines for this question:
I have VS2005 Developer and have purchased Office 2007 Professional and have installed that. I downloaded the Northwind template from Microsoft's Website and created a database with it (I guess that's what I did, anyway) named Northwind 2007.accdb. When I try to do the Try It Out involving the DataGridView Control in Chapter 3 at step 9, I get an error message that the file is not in a recognized format. Is there an add-on or something that will allow VB2005 to link to .accdb files, should I download the 2003 version of Northwind, can I convert the .accdb file to an .mdb?
Thank you very much for your assistance.
I went searching on MSDN and found the answer to my question. Here are step-by-step instructions as displayed in the forum post at http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/Sho...94617&SiteID=1
Step by step instructions. From the Add Connection dialog:
1) Click the Change button for the Data Source
2) From the Change Data Source dialog select <other> in the Data source list
3) Click the OK button
4) Back to the Add Connection dialog select Microsoft Offfice 12.0 Access Database Engine OLE DB Provider from the OLE DB Provider drop down
5) In the Server or file name text box enter the path to your Access 2007 database file
6) Click the Test Connection button to make certain that you can connect to the database
7) Click on the OK button to finish creating the data source.