Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Beginning Visual Basic 2005 ISBN: 978-0-7645-7401-6
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning Visual Basic 2005 by Thearon Willis, Bryan Newsome; ISBN: 9780764574016
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning Visual Basic 2005 ISBN: 978-0-7645-7401-6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old February 21st, 2006, 12:55 AM
Authorized User

Default Chapter 17 Web Forms

Dear All,

I have one Question, In the first Try Out @ Step 7 P558 as mentioned below, I’m trying to find the DefaultClientScript but I’m unable. I followed all the steps but still not able to find it. Can anyone plz tell me where to find it? Thanks in advance…

PHENOM

7) Now, you will create an event handler for the HTML Input (Button) and add a title to the page.(Make sure you have the Default.aspx page open in the IDE.) First, you need to change the default language to VBScript. To do this, view the Properties Explorer and select DOCUMENT from the combo box. Find the DefaultClientScript property and set it to VBScript. VBScript is very similar to all of the code you have learned so far in this book. To avoid confusion from new syntax, and because you can control the browser that you will use, you will write all client-side code using VBScript in this example. To add a title, find the Title property and set it to My First Page. On the tag navigator, click Source to change to HTML view. In the Client Object & Events combo box, choose btnClient. Next, select onclick in the event combo box and add this highlighted code to the event VS 2005 creates.

>>>PHENOM<<<
Old March 1st, 2006, 09:15 PM
Wrox Author
Points: 333, Level: 6 Points: 333, Level: 6 Points: 333, Level: 6
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Hi Phenom,

I am not sure why it is not there for you. I will do some research to see if I can find out. In the meantime, you can switch to source view on the default.aspx page. That is at the bottom left of the design area. In between the start and end <head> tags put the following

<meta content="text/VBScript" http-equiv="content-script-type" />

Then when you create your client script it will default to vbscript. That is what selecting the defaultclientscript would do for you.

Here is more info from MSDN2

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/5y06x9d7.aspx

Old March 4th, 2006, 01:11 AM
Authorized User

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bnews987
 Hi Phenom,
I am not sure why it is not there for you.  I will do some research to see if I can find out.  In the meantime,  you can switch to source view on the default.aspx page.  That is at the bottom left of the design area.  In between the start and end <head> tags put the following
<meta content="text/VBScript" http-equiv="content-script-type" />
Then when you create your client script it will default to vbscript.  That is what selecting the defaultclientscript would do for you.
Here is more info from MSDN2
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/5y06x9d7.aspx
Dear bnews987,

Appreciate your help, I have one more question, I’m building an application with DATA base, the application is working 100%, but when I stop it, it tries to access the internet!?!? The destination is 131.107.115.28 which is (crl.microsoft.com) I don’t understand why it’s trying to access the internet, there is no control or anything require to access the internet.

Again appreciate your help…

Best regards,
Phenom

&gt;&gt;&gt;PHENOM&lt;&lt;&lt;
Old March 4th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Wrox Author

Hi Phenom,

Can you give more info about your application? Also, how do you know the app is trying to go to that IP?

Thanks,

Bryan
Old March 4th, 2006, 11:36 PM
Authorized User

Quote:
 Hi Phenom,
Can you give more info about your application?  Also, how do you know the app is trying to go to that IP?
Thanks,
Bryan
Dear Bryan,

Thanks for your prompt reply,

The goal of this application is for Client Management, I’m building this to manage all the clients I deal with. I work in a company that does marketing research and monitor all type of media. We have around 7 software(s) and lots of clients. This application will help me to know for a specific company how many users are using our application and for each user what software(s) he/she is using. I hope you got my point, it almost done, and everything is working 100%, when I run it under VB 2005Pro everything is working 100% but when I Stop it, it try to connect to the internet,

How do I know the app is trying to go to that IP? I have Firewall Zone Alarm Pro that warns me each time I Stop the project under VS2005PRO.

There is no form or code in this application requires the internet. I double checked all the codes, but I couldn’t find anything…

I hope you do have the answer…

Thanks and best regards,

PHENOM

Old March 5th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Wrox Author

Hi Phenom,

What I found is other users complaining of the same issue with games, SQL-Server 2055, Excel and other software. I cannot pinpoint the issue, but I did find this info. Check out the links below. Hope they help.

http://www.michaelbraly.com/archives/000153.html

Claiming that the IP address belongs to Verisign, not Microsoft. Go to the link to read more.

http://www.genmay.com/archive/index.php/t-183275.html

Here, they say you can change a setting in IE to stop the issue.

Old March 5th, 2006, 11:06 PM
Authorized User

Quote:
 Hi Phenom,
What I found is other users complaining of the same issue with games, SQL-Server 2055, Excel and other software.  I cannot pinpoint the issue, but I did find this info.  Check out the links below.  Hope they help.
http://www.michaelbraly.com/archives/000153.html
Claiming that the IP address belongs to Verisign, not Microsoft. Go to the link to read more.  
http://www.genmay.com/archive/index.php/t-183275.html
Here, they say you can change a setting in IE to stop the issue.
Dear Bryan,

Appreciate your help, actually I found this link http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pr...rt/tshtcrl.mspx
That contains all the info about the CRL (Certificate Revocation List) and they said that If a component checks the CRL it not a security concern, it just makes sure your Component is authentic, and by unchecking the "Check for publisher's certificate Revocation” in Internet Explorer the message will block. :D;)

In the beginning I thought it’s a spy-ware or a virus… loool thanks a lot, I hope that I didn’t bother you wish you all the best…

PHENOM

Old March 27th, 2006, 02:16 PM

Hi Bryan,

I too have the same problem with the DefaultClientScript property. There are 3 users here with vs2005 pro and we all are missing the property. I searched MSDN and found nothing other than what you found. Did you ever find out why this is happening?
Old March 27th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Wrox Author

No I did not find anything else yet. Let me ask you this. Did you setup Visual Studio as a VB Developer, Visual Studio Developer or other when you installed VS 2005.

Old March 28th, 2006, 08:58 AM

Hi Brian,

I went into Control Panel - Add / Remove programs and selected Maintenance mode. I installed everything except C++ choices, Quickstart templates under .Net Framework SDK, and Dotfuscator Community Edition.

I hope that answers your question.
Regards,
Jim