Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > C# and C > C++ and Visual C++ > BOOK: Beginning Visual C++ 6
Password Reminder
Register
Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Beginning Visual C++ 6
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning Visual C++ 6 by Ivor Horton; ISBN: 9780764543883
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning Visual C++ 6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old September 3rd, 2003, 06:07 PM

Send a message via ICQ to backslash Send a message via AIM to backslash Send a message via MSN to backslash Send a message via Yahoo to backslash
Default Problem with exercise in chapter 19

Hi,

I'm working with the french edition of "Beginning Visual C++" by Ivor Horton and I have a big problem with the only exercise of the 19th chapter.

The aim is to program a sketcher document viewer. I tried to make it by myself but I quickly came back to the solution given at the end of the book.

My problem is that even with the solution, I don't manage to make it work. The project is compiled but when I run it and if I open a sketcher file, it's not drawn at all.

If anyone had a working solution for this exercise so that I can compare it to what I did and understand my mistakes, it would be wonderful.

Thanks in advance...

backslash
Old September 4th, 2003, 01:27 PM

What problem are you having with it? (error messages, etc.)

Old September 4th, 2003, 04:01 PM

Send a message via ICQ to backslash Send a message via AIM to backslash Send a message via MSN to backslash Send a message via Yahoo to backslash

No error message ,it's just that when I open a .ske file, the picture is not drawn in the view, despite the fact that the OnDraw() method is implemented for the SkWiewView class.
Old September 5th, 2003, 11:12 AM

Sent you an e-mail, no reply. Have a working program fot chapter 19, if you'ld like a copy.
Old September 5th, 2003, 12:46 PM

It would be great if you could send it to that e-mail address :
rozwel@free.fr

I can't remember if you can reach that e-mail through this forum so it may be simpler that way.

Thank you very much.