Thanks, Brian. Actually I bought this PC in Feb 2004 (Pentium 4) with XP already loaded and I loaded Office Prof 2000. At the time I wrote my Word load program, I had already replaced Access 2000 with Access 2002. I worked on the Word load program in Access 2002 and it was running fine. Then I put it aside for two months and just got back to it a few days ago and it no longer was working. That's when I tried Helen's Chapter 11 program, which had also worked before on my PC. I did check my RAM before and after. I even did screen shots. I am an applications person, not a great systems person. I can read things and understand the basics but it does seem to me that the available memory is low compared to my total memory. Total physical memory (task mgr) is 523564. Before I run my program, available is 245156 and cache is 31690. During and after I run my program, available is 237992 and cache is 305572. Not much of a difference. I do have virus and spy software running in the background but they were there before too. I haven't made too many changes, if any, to my computer since I originally tested the Word loads the end of July. But who knows. I do live updates to keep my XP service packs to date, and also my virus and spyware. I run sweeps on a regular basis. I do have them set up to run automatically and I may have done that since July. I will disable them and try again. Thanks so much for your help. I was supposed to get done this project by Monday. I have written many complicated VB
program loads between Excel and Access and other processing intensive VB
programs on my machine and other PC's and have never encountered this problem before so it must be my PC.