So far, I am really enjoying the book.
I have noticed something odd with execution and load order with Safari (4.0.4 on Windows). I ran the code shown on page 28 (under Inline Scripts), and it works as expected on Firefox 3.5.5 and IE8. The first alert pops up, the headline appears after the alert box is closed, then the second alert pops up.
Using Safari, the page is not rendered to screen until both
alerts are closed. Until then, it's a blank page. Then when I move the alerts to an external file, it works as expected with the headline being rendered between alerts.
I guess the moral of the story is to follow Alexei's advice and make sure you are testing on a good cross-section of browsers.