Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Leveraging Drupal: Getting Your Site Done Right ISBN: 9780470410875
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Leveraging Drupal: Getting Your Site Done Right by Victor Kane; ISBN: 9780470410875
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Leveraging Drupal: Getting Your Site Done Right ISBN: 9780470410875 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old April 26th, 2010, 02:03 PM

Default How to Robustness Diagram

I have been setting up my CentOS machine for development and test, adding Svn, Trac, etc, as presented in you fine text. Your recommended robustness diagrams do seem like an excellent way to communicate with clients and team members. What do you use do create these diagrams, Jude, Open Office, Eclipse?

Also, I'm only on chapter 5 at the moment, do you recommend any other UML diagramming?
Old April 27th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Wrox Author

Thanks so much for your comment and I am happy you enjoy the book.

I use Jude http://jude.change-vision.com/jude-web/index.html (now called Astah) community (free) version to make the diagrams.

Sometimes (only when needed) a sequence diagram can help dig deeper to see how a flow is going to develop and to discover where the logic will be housed; a state diagram can be very helpful for workflow questions, as can an activity diagram with swimming lanes. Certainly a deployment diagram (also used in the book)...

Regarding SVN, please note that the Drupal community will be switching (eventually, no hurry! won't start for a year) to Git, which is a big jump from CVS. I will be publishing on my blog Git workflows, and other updates.

Also note that Drush (command line shell for drupal) has changed enormously (for the better) over the past few months.

I will be writing about these things on my blog at http://awebfactory.com.ar.