Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: .NET Domain-Driven Design with C#: Problem - Design - Solution ISBN: 978-0-470-14756-6
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book .NET Domain-Driven Design with C#: Problem - Design - Solution by Tim McCarthy; ISBN: 9780470147566
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: .NET Domain-Driven Design with C#: Problem - Design - Solution ISBN: 978-0-470-14756-6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old May 4th, 2009, 07:29 AM

Default Entity Framework

Hi Tim,

I just purchased your book on Domain Driven Design with C# and I am really enjoying it. Please forgive me if my question is similar to the one in the Persistence thread. On page 41, you mention that you originally intended to use the ADO.NET Entity Framework as your ORM solution. Since it was included in .NET 3.5 SP1, have you had a chance or desire to go back to your code for the book and re-implement that part using the Entity Framework? If so, where can I download or see the code? How would you have incorporated it into your code? Would the entity classes still be true POCO classes? Has anybody else incorporated the Entity Framework into the code from the book?

That was the biggest complaint of mine with the Entity Framework, that it was difficult to use true POCO, since it required the entity classes to derive from Entity Framework-specific classes, defeating the requirement to have the Domain Model independent of any persistence strategy. Microsoft has stated that this shortcoming will be addressed in the next version of the Entity Framework coming out with .NET 4.0.

Thanks,
Ron Kanagy