Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Professional Ajax 2nd Edition ISBN: 978-0-470-10949-6
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Professional Ajax, 2nd Edition by Nicholas C. Zakas, Jeremy McPeak, Joe Fawcett; ISBN: 9780470109496
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Professional Ajax 2nd Edition ISBN: 978-0-470-10949-6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old December 28th, 2009, 02:03 PM

Unhappy "Unknown Zone (Mixed)" Issue

Again, thanks Wrox for creating this forum for us.

I encountered an error and spent about three hours trying to resolve it before realizing it was my fault. I'm posting this here so that others might learn from the experience.

Background:
I downloaded the files related to the hidden frame GET example in the book. Everything worked fine. I decided to use them as the basis for some further learning so I copied them to a new directory under htdocs in the Apache http server directory. I tried running the application but data from the database did not display. Furthermore, in the lower right corner of my browswer, the "Unknown Zone (Mixed)" status appeared. I tried all sorts of solutions like messing with security settings within IE and the folders themselves, then I checked the Apache error log. It indicated a missing PHP file.

I copied the file to the new folder and the "Unknown Zone (Mixed)" status went away and everything worked fine.

Lessons learned:
  • "Unknown Zone (Mixed)" status can be very misleading.
  • Check your server logs early on in your troubleshooting process.
  • Be smarter than me and make sure you have all needed files.
Hope everyone can learn something from this.
Old July 11th, 2011, 07:53 AM

Thanks. I had exactly the same problem. One minor file was missing and that is why I kept getting this message. Thanks for the fix. (: