I just wanted to point out to readers here that there's a new edition of this book available:
Professional Ajax 2nd Edition:
You can take a peek at the code and features here:
or at your favorite retailers including:
Normally we don't like to revise a book so soon but with all the new Ajax techniques, libraries, and frameworks that have appeared in the last year, it was needed in this case.
As I wrote in the book's description in our site:
Professional Ajax 2nd edition adds nearly 200 pages of new and expanded coverage compared to the first edition. Some of the new topics covered here include:
- Ajax Libraries including the Yahoo! Connection Manager, Prototype, and jQuery
- Request Management with Priority Queues and the RequestManager Object
- Comet push-based web systems and HTTP streaming
- Maps and Mashups with Geocoding, Google Maps API and Yahoo! Maps API
- Ajax Debugging with FireBug and Microsoft Fiddler
- ASP.NET AJAX Extensions (formerly code-named "Atlas")
The forum for this new edition is here:
And there are also a couple of excerpts from the new material posted online to give you a taste of the additions:
Ajax Debugging with Microsoft Fiddler
YUI Connection Manager
Senior Acquisitions Editor
Wiley Technology Publishing
Jim's Book of the week: No book this week - Donate to the Red Cross!
Associate Publisher, WROX - A Wiley Brand
Did someone here help you? Click
on their post!