Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > ASP.NET and ASP > ASP.NET 4 > BOOK: Professional ASP.NET MVC 2
Password Reminder
Register
Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Professional ASP.NET MVC 2
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Professional ASP.NET MVC 2 by Jon Galloway, Scott Hanselman, Phil Haack, Scott Guthrie, Rob Conery; ISBN: Professional ASP.NET MVC 2
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Professional ASP.NET MVC 2 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old August 30th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default JavaScript not working

I am working on the mapping section in Chapter 1 and everything works as expected except the Longitude/Latitude values are not being passed back to the input controls.

If I embed the map.js code within the actual page everything works fine but when I reference .js file it stops working.

I have tried referencing map.js at all levels starting with site.master and working my way down but still no luck.

Seems odd that the majority of the code within the file is working and I can even set a break point and view the values that are supposed to be passed back but I get nothing.

Can anyone tell me what I am missing?

Thanks,
Todd
Old August 30th, 2013, 08:31 PM

okay...it appears to be a caching issue. If I rename the .js and run then all works fine. Problem now is if I rename the .js back to the original it appears to revert to old functionallity. I have gone through the directory structure and deleted debug objects but that did not help. Also, ctl-f5 does not appear to work either. Any ideas?
Old August 31st, 2013, 04:33 PM

Found a quick fix for this problem…apparently adding a version number to the .js file will force a refresh each time.
Code:
<script src="../../Scripts/Map.js?version=1.0.0" type="text/javascript"></script>
Old January 13th, 2014, 08:03 AM
Banned
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1

is it working in your case ? .. as if it is (hopefully) then i will too try with this as now has got stuck in mid way and there is nothing helpful coming in my way except this
Old October 14th, 2014, 01:01 AM
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1

Default Javascript Issues

Hello, I am not that good enough about this things but I hope I could contribute something according to what I have read. It is said that, if in case you received error as such Javascript is not redefined or the error is denied. It might be that you are working on any type of web site or application that has any other dependencies. For this case, issues might be resolve by simply defining a variable.