Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > ASP.NET and ASP > DotNetNuke > BOOK: Professional DotNetNuke ASP.NET Portals ISBN: 0-7645-9563-6
Password Reminder
Register
Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Professional DotNetNuke ASP.NET Portals ISBN: 0-7645-9563-6
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Professional DotNetNuke ASP.NET Portals by Shaun Walker, Patrick J. Santry, Joe Brinkman, Dan Caron, Scott McCulloch, Scott Willhite, Bruce Hopkins; ISBN: 9780764595639
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Professional DotNetNuke ASP.NET Portals ISBN: 0-7645-9563-6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old June 22nd, 2006, 02:37 PM

Default Linking dotnetnuke site to computer database

I am totally new at website management.††I am volunteering for my local Chamber of Commerce and I am trying to find a simple way to update the business directory on their website.††I tried to link the access database on the C: drive to the website, but I received the following error message:††
The File C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\DNNHopewellPGCC\Portals\0\Membe rDB_data.ldb Is A Restricted File Type. Valid File Types Include ( *. swf, *.jpg, *.jpeg, *.jpe, *.gif, *.bmp, *.png, *.doc, *.xls, *.ppt, *.pdf, *.txt, *.xml, *.xsl, *.css, *.zip ). Please Contact Your Hosting Provider If You Need To Upload A File Type Which Is Not Supported.

I bought the Wrox book on Dotnetnuke, which claims that it also for beginners, but I haven't found a way to upload the .ldb file type.††Is it even possible for me to link the database on my computer to the websites directory with Dotnetnuke?††Is there an easier website package for this task?††I heard that Dreamweaver and Frontpage may work better.

Thanks,
Debbie