Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Professional DotNetNuke Module Programming ISBN: 978-0-470-17116-5
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Professional DotNetNuke Module Programming by Mitchel Sellers and Shaun Walker - Wrox DotNetNuke Series Editor; ISBN: 978-0-470-17116-5
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Professional DotNetNuke Module Programming ISBN: 978-0-470-17116-5 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old May 11th, 2009, 09:25 PM

Default Beyond Guestbook

I have finished the examples in the book and am now palying with adding Telerik AJax Rad controls some sample modules. It appears they work better under WSP. After lots of effort I got the Rad Scheduler to work in WAP module, but Rad Grid is causing me problems with WAP model. Has anyone pulled this off?

I did discover that neither the Scheduler or Grid show in design mode, all the work has to be done in code view. I think I simply need to add the deigner dll. Has anyone done this .

I also noticed that working with Rad Controls for 5.x using ASP.NET 3.5 is easy in 2008. Writting a module for 4.x with Rad controls was causing me grief. Installing VS 2005 to see if it is easier
Old May 12th, 2009, 02:38 PM

Default solved

I am not sure why the Rad Scheduler worked fine and not the Rad Grid. Just the same, by using VS 2005 and by moving the designer dll to bin (along with ASP 2.0 telerik runtime dll) all my problems are solved.

If anyone has had success in useing Rad Grid in VS 2008 environment for DNN 4.x let me know so I know it is worth more research. Until then, it works fine in VS 2005