Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > ASP.NET and ASP > DotNetNuke > BOOK: Professional DotNetNuke Module Programming ISBN: 978-0-470-17116-5
Password Reminder
Register
Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Professional DotNetNuke Module Programming ISBN: 978-0-470-17116-5
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Professional DotNetNuke Module Programming by Mitchel Sellers and Shaun Walker - Wrox DotNetNuke Series Editor; ISBN: 978-0-470-17116-5
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Professional DotNetNuke Module Programming ISBN: 978-0-470-17116-5 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old April 12th, 2010, 11:39 PM

Default Creating The Project In VS2008 - Directory for Solution?

In VS2008 the 'Creating the Project' (p49) seems to be causing me a problem. I have created localhost/Guestbook site in IIS 7 Windows 2008 under a DNN 5.3.1 Install package and that works well and is situated in a directory called "C:\vigdev\Guestbook" as virtual directory "//localhost/Guestbook".

So when I come to create the project (p51) I double click My Project.

I leave the Assembly name as GuestbookVB and clear the root namespace (to blank). (VS2008 sets "Application type" disabled and reads as "Class Library".)

So I click on the Web tab and "Apply server settings to all users" is already hatched so I leave it hatched.

I click on the "Use Local IIS Web Server" and enter "http://localhost/Guestbook" in the Project URL.

I unhatch the "Override application root URL".

I do not click the "Create Virtual Directory" button.

BUT.. when I then attempt to leave this page it informs me that "The local IIS ULR: http://localhost/GuestBook specified for Web Project GuestbookVB has not been configured. To keep these settings you need to configure the virtual directory."

So I click on the "Create Virtual Directory" button and get the message "Unable to create the virtual directory. The URL http://localhost/Guestbook is already mapped to a different folder location."

So anyone know what the next step should be???

[PS Are there any other differences between VS2005 and VS2008? Since I have only just bought the book and VS2008 has been out for quite some time I was surprised that I was confronted with VS2005 actually.]