Right up front I'm not a programmer. However, I did buy the book and the first thing I tried is to move a sub-site from one root site to another. I followed the instructions in chapter 18. The backup went fine the restore did not. I created the empty new site both within SPD and also through SP (WSS 3.0). In both cases the restore failed and I received this error:
Error occurred while importing the web https://emmgroup08.hostpilot.com/clientcentral/Old
GE2. "/clientcentral/Old%20GE2" contains illegal character "%".
I know SharePoint inserts these characters, so I am puzzled about how one is supposed to avoid this error.