Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Professional Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services ISBN: 978-0-470-24201-8
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Professional Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services by Paul Turley, Thiago Silva, Bryan C. Smith, Ken Withee; ISBN: 9780470242018
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Professional Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services ISBN: 978-0-470-24201-8 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old June 15th, 2010, 10:19 AM

Default ReportExpression and CustomReportItemDesigner

i'm new to custom report item's (CRIs). I would like to know if there is a way to set the CustomReportItemDesigner.style.font (or CustomReportItemDesigner.style.fontfamily) using ReportExpression<>. I know I can do a:

this.Style.FontSize = new ReportExpression<ReportSize>(new ReportSize(8.0, SizeTypes.Point));

(Also, I'm using C#.) I would like to do something similar to set a default font (fontfamily) I have already used newfont = new Font("Arial",18) for example, but that does not set the default for a CRI. I would also like to learn more about using ReportExpression attributes in general as well as writing CRI's. I've read quite a bit, if not all, of the MS documentation and searched the net. WHICH book would be most beneficial for these topics?

Professional MS SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services OR
MS SQL Reporting Services Recipes: for Designing Expert Reports OR perhaps another?

thanks,
pmel

Last edited by pmelillo; June 17th, 2010 at 07:35 AM.