Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Professional Search Engine Optimization with PHP: A Dev's Guide to SEO ISBN: 978-0-470-10092-9
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Professional Search Engine Optimization with PHP: A Developer's Guide to SEO by Cristian Darie, Jaimie Sirovich; ISBN: 9780470100929
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Professional Search Engine Optimization with PHP: A Dev's Guide to SEO ISBN: 978-0-470-10092-9 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old August 5th, 2007, 09:15 PM

Default virtual host problem

Hi folks,

I'm relatively new to PHP and programming in general. I've picked up this book and find the subject very intriguing. However, I'm having a hard time getting off the ground.

I'm trying to set up my virtual host for seophp.example.com. I've adjusted my httpd-vhosts file with the exact info presented on page 10 of the text.

Now, I stop my apache server with the xampp control panel. When I try to restart it, the default windows error window pops up (I'm using XP home) and apache is unable to start.

If I remove the virtual host info on page 10, it is able to start back up again. Anyone know why this data is preventing my apache host from starting? (My document root folder is correct, c:\xampp)

Thanks for the help.

-CJ
Old May 23rd, 2009, 05:25 AM

Default Setting up virtual hosts on Vista

I know it has been a while since this question has been asked but I am sure there are many out there who must be still facing this problem. On Apache Friends I found a very good article on this topic. The article has addressed most of the issues faced by us while setting up the virtual hosts on Vista. Hope it will help everyone.

Here is the link: http://www.apachefriends.org/f/viewt...694&view=print

Enjoy!
eNwe Admin