Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > .NET > Other .NET > BOOK: Professional Silverlight 4
Password Reminder
Register
Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Professional Silverlight 4
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Professional Silverlight 4 by Jason Beres, Bill Evjen, Devin Rader; ISBN: 978-0-470-65092-9
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Professional Silverlight 4 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old August 24th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Authorized User

Default Confusing book!

Hello,

I'm on chapter 4, page 100, this is a mixture of a complaint and wanting advice. I have the NavigationApllication open from page 100 it then proceeds to talk about a customer class. Where does the Listings 4-2, 4-3 go? It says add a new class to your project named Customers, it never mentions so far a Customer project! Are we building a Silverlight application from scratch or just following along for the ride, I wish the authors(there's 3 of them) could give clear instructions on the objectives of the book, is it a reference book? Or are we step by step building this Silverlight application, really in this day and age please authors be clear about where you want your readers to go with the book, not confuse them. I am really dissapointed in the book, and have put it back on the shelf, and shall try other publishers Apress comes to mind.

Paul