Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Professional SQL Server 2005 Integration Services ISBN: 0-7645-8435-9
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Professional SQL Server 2005 Integration Services by Brian Knight, Allan Mitchell, Darren Green, Douglas Hinson, Kathi Kellenberger, Andy Leonard, Erik Veerman, Jason Gerard, Haidong Ji, Mike Murphy; ISBN: 9780764584350
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Professional SQL Server 2005 Integration Services ISBN: 0-7645-8435-9 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old June 1st, 2006, 03:50 AM

Default SSIS XML as a destination?

Hi all,

Just started using SSIS a week ago, and was surprised to note that I couldn't find XML as a destination for a Data Flow activity. Having just picked up my copy of Professional SQL Server 2005 Integration Services yesteday, I thought I'd find out where I went wrong, but so far, no joy.

Is there a default XML destination for SSIS?

If not, does anyone know of an XSLT document/sample out there that purely does a copy of an XML file? (I should note that I've only started looking at XML data, and XSLT specifically, 2 days ago, when the requirements came through.) It might sound a bit silly, but I found some XSLT code that strips out namespaces - if I apply that as the Operation Type on my XML Task, and choose my output as a text file (create file) connection, then it appears to spit out valid XML into the final file.

I realize that I could just use the File System Task to simply copy a file. My task, however, is to take 2 or more XML file's (none of them described by XSD's since they are dynamically created and will have varying structure's), merge those, then merge a csv file, and final generate an XML file per a specific DTD. Not too bad a task for the first thing I need to do in SSIS or XML, ever.

Needless to say - any help/direction/sample would be HUGELY appreciated.:D

Thanks all.....

Old November 4th, 2006, 02:51 PM

I just started this too. Here is an article about it:
http://blogs.conchango.com/jamiethom...7/11/4209.aspx

Benjamin Chi
Old June 15th, 2008, 10:08 PM

You can get an XML destination adapter for SSIS along with several other SSIS components at http://www.keelio.com

Old September 21st, 2010, 03:51 PM

Default Generating the XSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GethWho View Post
Hi all,

Just started using SSIS a week ago, and was surprised to note that I couldn't find XML as a destination for a Data Flow activity. Having just picked up my copy of Professional SQL Server 2005 Integration Services yesteday, I thought I'd find out where I went wrong, but so far, no joy.

If not, does anyone know of an XSLT document/sample out there that purely does a copy of an XML file? (I should note that I've only started looking at XML data, and XSLT specifically, 2 days ago, when the requirements came through.) It might sound a bit silly, but I found some XSLT code that strips out namespaces - if I apply that as the Operation Type on my XML Task, and choose my output as a text file (create file) connection, then it appears to spit out valid XML into the final file.

I realize that I could just use the File System Task to simply copy a file. My task, however, is to take 2 or more XML file's (none of them described by XSD's since they are dynamically created and will have varying structure's), merge those, then merge a csv file, and final generate an XML file per a specific DTD. Not too bad a task for the first thing I need to do in SSIS or XML, ever.

Thanks all.....

Is it possible for you to share the code that eliminates the namespaces? Actually, I've been trying to generate an XSD by using the source XML file; however it threw an error saying "Unable to infer the XML file. There are too many namespaces."

Sushant Rao
Old January 14th, 2016, 06:52 AM
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default SSIS XML Source

have got this thread and Here I would like to answer according to this. I have a package of SSIS XML Source , Where all the things is discussed in well proper way. There are various feature of this package that will helpful to do.
1.Read XML data from any SOAP/REST API Web Service using methods such as GET/POST.
2.Read XML data from single or multiple XML files (use of wildcard allowed. e.g. c:\data\*.xml)
3.Support for Path expression to extract data from any level (e.g. Extract Orders nested under Customer Node).
4.Support for passing custom headers to SOAP or REST Web service
5.Support for looping through multiple files using wildcard pattern (e.g. *.xml).
6.REST API Paging support to loop through multiple requests (see)
7.Support for SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2012, 2014 (32 bit and 64 bit)

We have also discussed some tutorials . Kindly Have a look
http://zappysys.com/products/ssis-po...is-xml-source/

Hope It will be helpful.
Old February 3rd, 2016, 07:22 AM
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Smile SSIS doesn’t have Xml destination

Quote:
Originally Posted by GethWho View Post
Hi all,

Thanks all.....
Hello Geth,
SSIS doesn't have XML destination , I have researched this even and I have got the following way,
1.1. By writing dot net script
1. Drag the script component on the Data Flow task.
2. Write the script in VB.Net language in the preferred xml format. This script is package specific we need to write the script according to the requirements. Kindly go through the embedded document.
3. Through the third party components
Some third party components are available in the market.
4.Download XML SSIS Toolkit SQL 2005 – 2.1. They have given the installation manual as well. Go through the pdf in order to install the component.
5. Through the developed custom (Xml destination) component. Following is the procedure to use the custom component .
start here
Thanx