Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Professional SQL Server 2005 Integration Services ISBN: 0-7645-8435-9
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Professional SQL Server 2005 Integration Services by Brian Knight, Allan Mitchell, Darren Green, Douglas Hinson, Kathi Kellenberger, Andy Leonard, Erik Veerman, Jason Gerard, Haidong Ji, Mike Murphy; ISBN: 9780764584350
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Professional SQL Server 2005 Integration Services ISBN: 0-7645-8435-9 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old March 9th, 2008, 06:19 PM

Default Microsoft FTP server is Inop

Is there any corrections available to the FTP example on Pages 55 - 59? The FTP site of ftp.microsoft.com is not available so I am unable to test the sample code. Thanks for any assistance.

Rob

Old March 12th, 2008, 01:21 PM

I had same error. Opened browser, typed into address ftp.microsoft.com which became ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/ and was able to see data. Tried several times to make a new SSIS connection, by now I had a few in the "Connection Managers" section at the bottom of the screen. Found if I opened one from there, I was able to get a successful test and then just used that one. Regret this is not a technical answer.

Old November 4th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Send a message via Yahoo to cecilchamp Send a message via Skype™ to cecilchamp

I tried the same thing and get the following error:

530 User cannot log in, home directory inaccessible

What is it with these books that give out this information and then the info does not work?

I then tried to connect via the command prompt (WIN7) and this is the trail that led to the same error message above:

ftp -a ftp.microsoft.com
Connected to ftp.microsoft.akadns.net
220 Microsoft FTP Service
User ,ftp.microsoft.akadns.net:,,none..: Anonymous
331 Anonymous access allowed, send identity ,e-mail name. as password
Password:
530 User cannot log in, home directory inaccessible
Login failed.
ftp. quit
221 Thank you for using Microsoft products.
-----------

All I can figure out is that Microsoft has taken away the home directory? What do you think?
Cecil

Last edited by cecilchamp; November 4th, 2012 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Added more content