Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Professional Visual Studio 2008 ISBN: 978-0-470-22988-0
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Professional Visual Studio 2008 by Nick Randolph, David Gardner; ISBN: 9780470229880
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Professional Visual Studio 2008 ISBN: 978-0-470-22988-0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old October 2nd, 2008, 01:45 AM

Send a message via MSN to chandan8888
Default Sequential File Manipulation

Hi every1,

im doing a little assignment from uni and currently need help.

I've been asked the following question in the assignment using visual studio.net 2003

The purpose of this assignment is to produce a piece of software that would:
• Store on sequential file(s) digital images with associated text.
• Provide a means to maintain these file(s).
• Provide a means for retrieving the information from these file(s) in such a way to enable the
display a selected image with its associated text.
• Provide a means to navigate through previously selected images with their associated text.
• Provide a means to navigate sequentially images with their associated text.

To achieve the implementation of this software you will be expected to utilise appropriate Object Oriented techniques, User-Defined Data Types. Sequential File facilities including StreamWriter and streamReader.

The user interface is the software to be designed and implemented as a Multiple Document
Interface (MDI).

Task 1
Design a suitable record structure(s) for storing, as sequential file(s), the data required for each
image including its associated text. Each image should be given a unique sequential reference
number.
Design suitable User-Defined Data type(s) for processing the record structure(s).

many thx (pls help me how to start with)

xchanx
Old January 14th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandan8888 View Post
Hi every1,

im doing a little assignment from uni and currently need help.

I've been asked the following question in the assignment using visual studio.net 2003

The purpose of this assignment is to produce a piece of software that would:
• Store on sequential file(s) digital images with associated text.
• Provide a means to maintain these file(s).
• Provide a means for retrieving the information from these file(s) in such a way to enable the
display a selected image with its associated text.
• Provide a means to navigate through previously selected images with their associated text.
• Provide a means to navigate sequentially images with their associated text.

To achieve the implementation of this software you will be expected to utilise appropriate Object Oriented techniques, User-Defined Data Types. Sequential File facilities including StreamWriter and streamReader.

The user interface is the software to be designed and implemented as a Multiple Document
Interface (MDI).

Task 1
Design a suitable record structure(s) for storing, as sequential file(s), the data required for each
image including its associated text. Each image should be given a unique sequential reference
number.
Design suitable User-Defined Data type(s) for processing the record structure(s).

many thx (pls help me how to start with)

xchanx

Hi I'm working ot the same assignment at the moment and I need help here. My e-mail is aziz_mehmedov@yahoo.com If u have time I write me so I can ask u some questions. Ill appreciate. thanks